The Macdonald Volunteer Service Awards were introduced in 2006 at the 125th Anniversary of the RM of Macdonald. Several awards are presented annually by the Macdonald Public Recreation Commission at a special event honoring the recipients. Since its inception, 85 residents have been recognized for their efforts and dedication to their communities.
Who can be nominated?
Nominees will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Activity - What did the nominee do? How many years did they commit to volunteer efforts?
- Leadership - How did the nominee demonstrate leadership?
- Other Volunteer Involvement - What other volunteer activities has the nominee participated in?
- Impact - What was the outcome of the volunteer's efforts? How many people benefited? What was accomplished?
- Youth - This award recognizes people under 25 who have made considerable contributions to their schools, organizations, and communities through volunteer work. These volunteers serve as role models, encouraging their peer groups to give of themselves for the benefit of the community.
- Individual Volunteers - This is presented to exceptional individual volunteers whose efforts have contributed significantly to the quality of life in their communities.
- Older Adult - Honors an older adult who generously gives their time and energy to help others and their community.
- Award of Merit -This award is presented to individuals who have made an exemplary contribution to the community. Posthumous nominations are accepted.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS
February 22nd, 2019
MACDONALD VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARDS RECEPTION
April 4, 2019 - Oak Bluff
How to Nominate:
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND SUBMIT:
Nominee's:Name, address, phone number and email.
Nominator's: Name, address, phone number and email.
Choose category for nomination: Youth, Individual, Older Adult, or Award of Merit
Nominee info: (Please provide as much detail as possible)
- Describe the volunteer activity/activities that the candidate has been involved.
- How many years has the candidate been volunteering?
- How has the candidate's efforts impacted the community?
- What is exceptional about this individual? How has this nominee been an inspiration to others? Why should the award be given to this person?